6th edition of CinemArt, International Short Film Festival of Pineda de Mar.
The Cinemart Organizing Committee, in a meeting held on September 6, 2018, approves the convening of the 6th edition of the International Short Film Festival of Pineda de Mar for the year 2019 and establishes that the New bases that govern it are as follows:
BASES OF THE SIXTH EDITION OF THE INTERNATIONAL FILM FESTIVAL OF PINEDA DE MAR 2019
1. The Festival is organized by the Cinemart Association of Pineda de Mar, it is a Festival of International Scope with the objective of promoting a specific space for the discovery, screening and dissemination of Short Films.
2. The celebration of the International Short Film Festival of Pineda de Mar, will take place from July 1 to 6, 2019.
3. The program of the International Short Film Festival of Pineda de Mar in 2019 will integrate different activities focused on making known the selected short films promoting different aspects of the world of cinema in the Villa de Pineda de Mar with the collaboration of the Municipality of Pineda de Mar and of local entities.
4. The closing ceremony and the award ceremony of the Festival will take place on July 6, 2019.
5. Any person or legal entity can participate, individually or collectively, without age limit, and can be done with any of the following formats: Full HD, HDV, HD, 4K.
6. The productions must have been made after March 10, 2017.
7. Each distributor, director, and / or director can register a maximum of 3 works, which can be done in any language, but must be subtitled in English, Catalan or Spanish. Those that in original version are in Catalan or Spanish, must also be subtitled in English.
8. Shorts cannot exceed 25 minutes.
9. The main thematic axis of the festival is that of comedy; however, the theme and the genre of the productions is free. Quality and originality will be prioritized as the main objective, and production will be unprecedented.
10. Registration is free and will be done through any of the two platforms used by the festival:
11. The deadline for registration and receipt of productions ends on January 15, 2019.
12. Works of an advertising or tourist nature will not be admitted, nor will those that use non-original material in more than 10% of the totality of the work. Nor will works that do not have the necessary technical quality for a correct visualization be accepted.
13. The authors must ensure that the content of their work does not infringe the rights of intellectual property or other rights of third parties, exonerating the Organizing Committee of any legal liability.
14. The selected productions will be screened publicly during the days of the Festival, understanding that their authors authorize the screening. In no case is the payment of projection fees contemplated. The entrance to the projections in the Auditorium by the Festival is completely free.
15. The Festival may use the images of the shorts as a festival promotion regardless of the year.
16. The Cinemart Organizing Committee will appoint a jury composed of 10 people.
17. The Jury will make a preliminary selection of the presented works and will value especially the aspects highlighted in point 5 of these BASES.
18. The prizes will be the following:
● Award VILLA DE PINEDA Award for the best short film of the festival, worth 700 €, trophy, diploma and municipal recognition.
● Award to the BEST SHORT S'ANIMACIÓ endowed with € 300, trophy, diploma and a municipal recognition.
● Award to the BEST COMEDY endowed with 300 €, trophy, diploma and a municipal recognition.
● PUBLIC AWARD FOR THE BEST SHORT FILM, with a prize of € 300, trophy, diploma and municipal recognition.
19. The Jury will have the power to leave the prize or the prizes that it considers opportune, as well as to grant a special trophy to highlight technical and / or artistic aspects of any of the works in competition. Your decisions will be unappealable.
20. The OFFICIAL SELECTION will be made public on the Festival website starting on May 2, 2019.
The works of the submitted works may be held by the organization, who reserves the right to use them as promotional material for the Festival.
21. The production companies accept that, in the case of obtaining any of the prizes awarded, they will include a written reference to the award of the prize at the beginning of each and every one of the copies of the film they distribute for the exhibition in theatres and / or in audiovisual contests, as well as in all printed informative and promotional material. This reference will consist of a text with the type of prize received, invariably accompanied by the prize-winning image that the Organizing Committee will provide. The cost will not be borne by the Festival.
22. The closing ceremony and the award ceremony of the Festival will take place on July 6, 2019.
23. It is an indispensable condition to receive the award of prizes that attend the closing gala of CINEMART. In case the interested party can not attend, it is possible that a representative will attend in his name and that he will send a thank-you video.
24. The economic endowments will be made effective within a maximum period of 1 month from the official award ceremony and by bank transfer. From the amount of the prize deductions and taxes determined by the current law will be deducted.
25. Any issue that appears during the Festival, not contemplated in the BASES, will be decided by the Organizing Committee and the Jury. Participation in the Festival implies the acceptance of these BASES.